Date posted: 10 Jun 2022
Chelton are looking for an Air Lead Engineer to
act as the technical lead for a major Electronic Warfare Programme. This role is responsible
for delivering a complex, yet exciting programme with authority to make key design decisions and
to lead a multidisciplinary engineering team.
This role will be based at our offices in Marlow, Buckinghamshire.
- Direct design and development engineering tasks in partnership with the Systems Design
Authority and key stakeholders.
- Support engagement with the aircraft authority to ensure that the system is certified for
- Work with the project manager to provide engineering inputs to plans and work
- Lead regular air systems stand-up meetings to manage engineering tasks and review outputs
and key challenges.
- Report progress to Programme Management and relevant stakeholders.
- Support and/or lead internal design reviews and present the engineering designs and
rationale for key decisions to the customer, end user and Engineering VP.
- Working with the Programme Manager to define and manage key risks, ensuring budget and
schedule are maintained.
- Direct, motivate and provide technical leadership to the team.
- Provide key inputs into integration and test planning activities to validate the system
design, working with key stakeholders across the team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong communication and leadership with experience of technically coordinating a
multi-disciplinary engineering team.
- Ability to interface and effectively influence and negotiate with internal and external
customers/stakeholders at all levels.
- Familiarity with the formal product development lifecycle (through requirements capture, to
design, to verification and production) including leading design reviews.
- Understanding of the design and integration of complex electronic and RF systems up to 40GHz
(including receive and high power transmit chains) would be an advantage, as would experience of radar and
- Experience working in the Aerospace Industry, and familiarity with safety analysis and
- You are likely to have a science or engineering degree, supported by
significant engineering lifecycle experience.
- Strong decision maker, with strong interpersonal skills, capable of leading a dynamic
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with the opportunity to buy and sell
- Hybrid working
- Pension contribution matched up to 8%
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible benefits scheme
Chelton is a global leader in the design, development, manufacture and support of advanced
aerospace and defence systems for platforms operating in the air, on land and at sea. With a portfolio
spanning Antennas, Avionics and Land, we’ve been securing success in demanding environments
since 1947 – one of the longest tenures in the aerospace and defence industry.
From aerospace and defence communications through to navigation and electronic warfare,
everything we do is driven by the people behind the products. Our top-level talent combines ground breaking
technical capabilities with a matched drive and persistence to offer our customers a competitive edge with
exciting new technology.
If you’re looking to leave your mark on the world, why not choose the
exhilarating world of aerospace and defence and better yet, join Chelton for your chance to innovate, create