Date posted: 07 Jul 2022
Chelton is looking for a Pod Integration
Engineer for a major Electronic Warfare Programme to support development of a variety
of radar and communications jamming pods. Your role will be to scope and implement a plan for integrating key
sub systems and pod level integration, supported by the wider ITEA team as part of the airborne element of
this complex and exciting programme, with authority to make key decision as part of multidisciplinary
This is a permanent, full time position based at our offices in Marlow, Buckinghamshire.
- Scope a plan for functional integration of radar and communications jamming training pods
working with key stakeholders, including the technical and engineering lead, the system design authority (SDA)
and project manager.
- Responsible for development and delivery of integration and functional test strategy,
including associated test procedures, plans and de-risking activities, supported by the wider
- Responsibile for demonstrating that the functional specifications and requirements are met,
working closely with key stakeholders to mitigate risks and issues that arise.
- Develop the approach to test, custom test harnesses and test scripts, to demonstrate of
functional performance, as well as supporting and co-ordinating test engineers.
- Work with the engineering lead to identify and manage key risks, including mitigation
- Support customer Factory Acceptance Test and certification authority trials on the air
- Provide key inputs into integration and test planning activities to validate the system
design, working with key stakeholders across the team.
Skills and Experience
- Strong communication and coordination skills, working as part of a multidisciplinary
- Ability to interface effectively with internal and external
- Familiarity with the formal product development lifecycle (from requirements capture,
through to design, verification and production) including support to design reviews.
- Understanding of the design and integration of Electronic Warfare and complex electronic and
RF systems up to 40GHz (including high power RF) would be an advantage, as would experience of radar and
- Experience working in the Aerospace Industry, as well as familiarity with safety analysis
and airworthiness certification.
- You are likely to have a science or engineering degree, supported by significant engineering
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with the opportunity to buy and sell
- Hybrid working
- Pension contribution matched up to 8%
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible benefits scheme
Chelton is a global leader in the design, development, manufacture and support of advanced
aerospace and defence systems for platforms operating in the air, on land and at sea. With a portfolio
spanning Antennas, Avionics and Land, we’ve been securing success in demanding environments
since 1947 – one of the longest tenures in the aerospace and defence industry.
From aerospace and defence communications through to navigation and electronic warfare,
everything we do is driven by the people behind the products. Our top-level talent combines ground breaking
technical capabilities with a matched drive and persistence to offer our customers a competitive edge with
exciting new technology.
If you’re looking to leave your mark on the world, why not choose the
exhilarating world of aerospace and defence and better yet, join Chelton for your chance to innovate, create