Date posted: 07 Jul 2022
Chelton is looking for a Development Engineer to
support various development and derisking activities in support a major Electronic Warfare Training Programme.
Your role will be to develop electronic subsystems and to define and implement test methodology to de-risk the
airborne training capability. You will work closely with a multidisciplinary engineering team to deliver this
element of the solution.
This is a permanent, full time role, based at our offices in Marlow, Buckinghamshire.
- Review of test requirements for the airborne EO solution, to derive equipment level
technical specifications, including de-risking test plan.
- Work with technical and engineering leads and suppliers to identify solutions to demonstrate
the EO solution in a representative environment, including demonstration of system
- Guided by the engineering and technical leads, define and implement a suitable environment
to optimise the camera solution.
- Working with the system and mechanical engineers and potential outsource partners to support
the development of the aircraft cabin control console.
- Test the cabin control console and validate the electrical and user
- Provide support to the project manager in terms of technical, schedule and cost inputs, as
part of project planning updates.
- Prepare reports on the outputs of development and de-risking activities.
- Contribute to programme risk assessments and risk mitigation planning.
- You are likely to have a science or engineering degree, supported by significant engineering
- Good communication skills and demonstrable experience working as part of a
multi-disciplinary engineering team.
- Sound systems engineering experience across lifecycle (from requirements capture, to design,
verification and production), including support to design review and test readiness
- Ability to interface with internal and external customers/stakeholders
It would be advantageous if you
- Experience in airborne environments is desirable.
- Complex system modelling would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of writing engineering requirement documents (ERDs) would be an
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with the opportunity to buy and sell
- Hybrid working
- Pension contribution matched up to 8%
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible benefits scheme
Chelton is a global leader in the design, development, manufacture and support of advanced
aerospace and defence systems for platforms operating in the air, on land and at sea. With a portfolio
spanning Antennas, Avionics and Land, we’ve been securing success in demanding environments
since 1947 – one of the longest tenures in the aerospace and defence industry.
From aerospace and defence communications through to navigation and electronic warfare,
everything we do is driven by the people behind the products. Our top-level talent combines ground breaking
technical capabilities with a matched drive and persistence to offer our customers a competitive edge with
exciting new technology.
If you’re looking to leave your mark on the world, why not choose the
exhilarating world of aerospace and defence and better yet, join Chelton for your chance to innovate, create