Chelton wants you
you on the lookout for an electrifying career in a dynamic, booming industry? Are you passionate about what
you do and constantly on the lookout for the next big idea? Then we want
Aerospace and defence equipment wouldn’t be able to operate if it
wasn’t for avionic manufacturers like Chelton. We pride ourselves on working with customers and
being attuned to industry trends to expand the possibilities of aerospace and defence and give our customers a
helping hand in achieving mission success. Working in challenging environments, producing failsafe technology
with smart thinking – it’s just what we do. But we couldn’t do it
without the Chelton A-team. That’s why we’re on the look out to add an ATC Systems
Engineer to our elite workforce.
two days are ever the same at Chelton, you’ll constantly be faced with new challenges to
overcome. From the very beginning, you will be able to take full ownership and accountability to see products
through to success. After all, where would we be if it wasn’t for the people behind the
you’re looking to leave your mark on the world, why not choose the exhilarating world of
aerospace and defence and better yet, join Chelton for your chance to innovate, create and
exciting opportunity to work as a systems engineer within our Land Business Unit, supporting our Air Traffic
Control (ATC) product line.
systems engineers work on a wide range of tasks throughout the development lifecycle of a project, from
initial opportunity development with customers all the way to production and
are looking for high calibre engineers who will be our systems subject matter experts and/or leaders of the
future. You will be gaining knowledge of our ATC products and systems engineering best practice through hands
on technical development. We are after individuals who could quickly take on technical and / or lead roles in
a short timeframe – a great opportunity for the right
engineers are responsible for the delivery of tasks to support the design, development and verification of
products. They will have opportunities to engage with our customers, supporting meetings, systems integration
and product verification / validation trials. They will work under close guidance from project leads and
subject matter experts, but are responsible to deliver their allocated tasks to meet project
role will be based at our headquarters in Marlow. At Chelton we acknowledge the value of flexible working.
Please talk to us at interview regarding the flexibility you need.
an ATC Systems Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally
recognised technology based degree, with good underlying understanding of relevant technologies and basic
- Knowledge of CAP670 and DEF STAN 972, with ability to assess compliance against
- Team working ability, with good interpersonal skills and commitment to project
success and drive to deliver on time.
- Understanding of engineering process and
- Experience with MS Office toolsets; experience with MS Project would be
- Experience of systems engineering toolsets would be advantageous, such as
requirements management (DOORS), modelling and simulation (SYSML, Matlab,
- Systems engineering design experience, such as architectural design and
requirements analysis including decomposition to hardware / software would be
- Knowledge of configuration management, interface control design, reliability
engineering, safety, security desirable.
applicants must have or be able to obtain Security Clearance.
an ATC Systems Engineer your key responsibilities will include:
- Development of solutions to complex problems, using a systems thinking mind-set
to ensure the solution best meets the customer needs.
- Communicating concepts in compelling and straightforward ways, to both technical
and non-technical audiences.
- Able to work under supervision from technical management, following the set
constraints of schedule, cost and quality, and use own judgement to know when to escalate
- Support the full systems development lifecycle from bids through to production,
following the systems V Model.
- Analysis of requirements at a customer level and decomposition into
requirement sets at a systems and sub-system level. This includes requirement authorship and validation,
development of Concept of Operations and potential systems architectural
- Verification of systems requirements, through analysis, inspection and testing.
This includes generation of verification plans, verification procedures, testing of our ATC products and
overall systems validation.
focus on acceptance criteria from the early stage of the engineering development, gaining agreement with the
- Generation of metrics to monitor the development maturity as the project/s
- Contribute to project reports and templates, including artefacts to support
- Support generation of cost estimates both for required work packages and to
support bid opportunities.
- Good stakeholder management with internal and external
- Opportunities to lead packages of work by engaging with engineers from other
disciplines and functions within the business, such as software, hardware, project managers, drawing office,
model shop, procurement, manufacturing, commercial and export control.
- Opportunities to take on a technical / leadership systems engineering
- Support the future development of the systems engineering function through
process initiatives as required.
addition to a competitive salary, you will also join a flexible benefits scheme offering private medical
insurance, life assurance, matched pension and 25 days holiday per