Systems Engineering Manager
Marlow , United Kingdom
Marlow , United Kingdom
Are you on the lookout for an electrifying career in a dynamic, booming industry? Are you passionate about what you do and constantly on the lookout for the next big idea? Then we want you!
Aerospace and defence equipment wouldn’t be able to operate if it wasn’t for avionic manufacturers like Chelton. We pride ourselves on working with customers and being attuned to industry trends to expand the possibilities of aerospace and defence and give our customers a helping hand in achieving mission success. Working in challenging environments, producing failsafe technology with smart thinking – it’s just what we do. But we couldn’t do it without the Chelton A-team. That’s why we’re on the look out to add Systems Engineering Manager to our elite workforce.
No two days are ever the same at Chelton, you’ll constantly be faced with new challenges to overcome. From the very beginning, you will be able to take full ownership and accountability to see products through to success. After all, where would we be if it wasn’t for the people behind the products?
If you’re looking to leave your mark on the world, why not choose the exhilarating world of aerospace and defence and better yet, join Chelton for your chance to innovate, create and excite.
This role will be based at our headquarters in Marlow, Buckinghamshire. At Chelton we acknowledge the value of flexible working. Please talk to us at interview regarding the flexibility you need.
As the Systems Engineering Manager you will be Working with the Programme Manager and Systems Design Authority, you will be responsible for the for the engineering planning and execution activities within multiple high value, high risk and technically complex programmes.
As a Systems Engineering Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· A recognised technology based degree or equivalent, supported by sufficient experience to prove application of systems engineering across the lifecycle
· A proven track record in leading technical activity in complex projects
· Able to technically mentor and instruct engineers, who are assigned to support you in the execution of the project
· Experience in Project Management toolsets, such Microsoft Project
· Good understanding of Risk Management
· Good understanding of Configuration Management
· Extensive experience in technical report writing
As a Systems Engineering Manager your key responsibilities will include:
· Delivery of development engineering planning and execution into the assigned programme, working in partnership with the Systems Design Authority and sub-team leads
· Leading the creation of the engineering planning at the system level, and directing the planning definition at lower levels
· The Systems Engineering Manager will ensure the governance structure is defined and maintained, and that the structure is aligned between programme and project levels for engineering
· Report progress to Programme Management, and other stakeholders both internal and external
· Support and/or lead meetings with customers and internal design reviews, including preparation of documentation
· Working with the Programme Manager to define and manage the scope within the budget and timescales and drives the development team accordingly
· Setting the culture of the development team as delivery focused, through strong work package management
· Direct, motivate and provide leadership for the project technical leads and the broader engineering team
· Identify, specify and manage demand for routine and specialist engineering resource
· Maintain effective working relationships with Design Office, Production Organisation and Maintenance Organisation to ensure that requirements for expertise and support are met
· Integrate the outputs from the projects turning the capabilities into the required outcomes for the stakeholders
· Identifies potential problems / issues and works to resolve, escalating as appropriate
· Ensure effective lessons learned approaches are utilised, to capture the information and ensure our processes are appropriately updated on a continuous basis
In addition to a competitive salary, you will also join a flexible benefits scheme offering private medical insurance, life assurance, matched pension and 25 days holiday per annum with the ability to buy and sell days. We are also happy to offer flexible working and a part-subsidised cafeteria.
Securing success in some of the world’s most demanding environments isn’t just down to Chelton’s failsafe, pioneering technology. From aerospace and defence communications through to navigation and electronic warfare, it’s all driven by the people behind it.
Top-level talent pushing boundaries from the moment we first explore requirements. Always looking for new ways to meet tough challenges. And asking the right questions to find answers that redefine capabilities.
At Chelton, we’re proud to be on our customers’ team. Bringing together smart thinking, technological excellence and future vision – whatever their system ambitions.